Splunk Search

Alert when a threshold is met consistently at certain intervals within a time frame

tpowell12
Explorer

I'm having trouble building an alert. I want to get alerted, if during a 4 hour window, an IP has more than 5 blocks at our proxy every 5 minutes for the entire 4 hours. At any point within the 4 hour frame, if the hit count drops below 5 in 5 minutes, I don't want to be alerted.

The search belows gives me the hit count by IP in 5 minute blocks but I'm not sure how to get alerted if a unique IP constantly has 5 hits every 5 minutes throughout the 4 hours.

host="proxy1" status="blocked" | timechart span=5m count by IP

1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this:

host="proxy1" status="blocked" | timechart span=5m count by IP | untable _time IP count | stats min(count) as min_count by IP | where min_count >= 5

View solution in original post

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this:

host="proxy1" status="blocked" | timechart span=5m count by IP | untable _time IP count | stats min(count) as min_count by IP | where min_count >= 5
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...