Splunk Search

Aggregate query help

aag
Engager

Hi Team - I am trying to first search and  then aggregate results from following Splunk logs:

Raw format: 

"buildDimensionsAttributes:  $attribute: $constraint: $result"

sample message:

message: buildDimensionsAttributes: 6393: AttributeConstraints(-1.0,99.92,2,DoubleFormat): 99.98

Here in the AttributeConstraints

1st index corresponds to minval here -1.0

2nd index corresponds to maxval here 99.92

3rd index corresponds to decimal here 2

I want to first filter $results which are out of range, here 99.98 is not between  [-1.0 , 99.92] and then

aggregate (group by) various $attribute and then

showcase something like below on the dashboard where we can apply our usual time filters.

Attribute# | RecrdCountofOutofRange | TotalRecords

Thanks

AG

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

venkatasri
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @aag 

See if this helps!.

<your_Search_goes_here>
| rex "buildDimensionsAttributes:\s+(?<attr>\d+):\s+AttributeConstraints\((?<idx1>.+?),(?<idx2>.+?),(?<idx3>.+?),.+?\):\s+(?<number>[\d\.]+)" 
| stats count as total, count(eval(number < idx1 OR number > idx2 )) as RecordOutRange by attr

---

An upvote would be appreciated if this reply helps and Accept solution!

View solution in original post

venkatasri
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @aag 

See if this helps!.

<your_Search_goes_here>
| rex "buildDimensionsAttributes:\s+(?<attr>\d+):\s+AttributeConstraints\((?<idx1>.+?),(?<idx2>.+?),(?<idx3>.+?),.+?\):\s+(?<number>[\d\.]+)" 
| stats count as total, count(eval(number < idx1 OR number > idx2 )) as RecordOutRange by attr

---

An upvote would be appreciated if this reply helps and Accept solution!

aag
Engager

Thanks much @venkatasri ; it worked beautifully !

As a next step would like to showcase the result on dashboard, where from a drop down when we select a particular attribute it will show the count of total and RecordOutRange on y-axis in time span of every15min on x-axis. Something like below:

aag_0-1627079204142.png

Helpful image from query showcasing all attributes in same graph:

aag_1-1627079605734.png

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...