Splunk Search

Adding timerangepicker to Dashboard of Report Panels??

sarge338
Path Finder

Hello Everyone,

This may be an odd question, but I am wondering how (if possible) to add a useful timerangepicker to a dashboard in which all panels are from existing reports.  In the past, the dashboard has just been run for "Last 7 Days", which all of the reports are set up for.  Recently, a feature has been desired to allow the user to select the time range for which the data will be presented.  Obviously I can add the timerangepicker and submit button pretty easily, but how do I tie the chosen time range to the reports in the panels without recreating everything?

Thank you for your time and assistance!

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @sarge338,

You can make reports using your time_token by editing your dashboard source , you should add earliest and latest tags into the search tag like below sample;

<row>
    <panel>
      <event>
        <search ref="test_report">
          <earliest>$time_token.earliest$</earliest>
          <latest>$time_token.latest$</latest>
        </search>
        <option name="list.drilldown">none</option>
      </event>
    </panel>
  </row>
If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.

View solution in original post

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @sarge338,

You can make reports using your time_token by editing your dashboard source , you should add earliest and latest tags into the search tag like below sample;

<row>
    <panel>
      <event>
        <search ref="test_report">
          <earliest>$time_token.earliest$</earliest>
          <latest>$time_token.latest$</latest>
        </search>
        <option name="list.drilldown">none</option>
      </event>
    </panel>
  </row>
If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...