Splunk Search

AddColTotals

xvxt006
Contributor

Hi, I want to get the count of errors. So i have a query to get the count by status where status is greater than 400. When i use addcoltotals, it is thinking status as a column and hence it is giving the total for both. How can i get that?

/Current
No status count
1 200 26
2 302 57
3 502 83

Expected

No status count
1 200 26
2 302 57
3 Total 83

sourcetype=access_combined_wcookie host="qqqq*" uri=/checklogin* status>400 | stats count by status | addcoltotals label=Total labelfield=status

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bmunson_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You should be able to just name the fields you want totals for.

sourcetype=access_combined_wcookie host="qqqq" uri=/checklogin status>400 | stats count by status | addcoltotals count label=Total labelfield=status

View solution in original post

xvxt006
Contributor

Thank you !!! This worked fine.

0 Karma

bmunson_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You should be able to just name the fields you want totals for.

sourcetype=access_combined_wcookie host="qqqq" uri=/checklogin status>400 | stats count by status | addcoltotals count label=Total labelfield=status

aholzer
Motivator

I don't think it's possible to exclude with addColTotals, but you should be able to with addTotals. Here's the documentation: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/5.0.3/SearchReference/Addtotals

Your search would look like this:
sourcetype=access_combined_wcookie host="qqqq" uri=/checklogin status>400 | stats count by status | addTotals col=t label=Total labelfield=status count

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...