Splunk Search

Add image to search

pinzer
Path Finder

Hi, i need to add an image like green, yellow, red to a rangemap search. Instead of the string of the rangemap.

eventtype="searchIPS1" | chart count | rangemap field=count GREEN-IMAGE=1-30 YELLOW-IMAGE=31-39 RED-IMAGE=40-5900 default=GRAY-IMAGE

Something like this it's possible?
thanks

Tags (2)
0 Karma

hazekamp
Builder

If you are using the SingleValue module via Advanced XML on a Splunk dashboard you can override the default look/feel of the range via $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/$your_app$/appserver/static/application.css.

We do this in ESS like so (here we are overriding the default low/elevated/severe values):

.SingleValue .severe {
    background-color: transparent;
    background-image: url('images/high.png');
    color: #333333;
}

.SingleValue .elevated {
    background-image: url('images/medium.png');
}

.SingleValue .low {
    background-image: url('images/low.png');
}

There are some advanced things you can do as well...For instance, SingleValue takes an "additionalClass" parameter such that you can specify "An optional additional css class name to add to the result container".

See also: http://www.splunk.com/base/Documentation/4.2/Developer/AddASingleButton

0 Karma

ftk
Motivator

Take a look at the iconify search command. You may be able to achieve your goal with it.

0 Karma

pinzer
Path Finder

thanks but is not what i'm searching

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...