Splunk Search

Add a link to another dashboard in the NEW dashboard Studio that has teh same time period of the master dashboard

andres91302
Communicator

Hello Everyone I hope you are having a great day,

This new dashboaard studio feature is GREAT 10/10 but I'm having a little of trouble when I  want a visualization to be linked to another dashboard and also show the data within the same time period as the main dashboard,

What I did before was to set the earlist and latest time token to the one on the main dashboard...but in the new dashboard studio I cant seem to find that feature I rather have something called: 

Currently using Global Time Range input
$global_time.earliest$ - $global_time.latest$

so I already tried parshing this info in he URL of the desired link dashboard without any luck... I dont know if some of you know the way to have the new linked dashboard to show values in the same time period of the main dashboard using the new feature dashboard studio!

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Labels (1)
0 Karma

elizabethl_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @andres91302 - I'm so glad to hear you are enjoying the new Dashboard Studio. Enhancing the ability to drilldown to another dashboard is something we're actively developing now!

In the meantime, one hack could be to load the target dashboard (the one you want to drilldown to) and copy the URL. Use that URL in the custom URL drilldown on the visualization you want to click from, and replace the earliest and latest times with the time tokens.

/app/search/<targetdashboard>?form.global_time.earliest=$global_time.earliest$&form.global_time.latest=$global_time.latest$

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...