Splunk Search

About real time search

yutaka1005
Builder

I want to know about CPU occupation when doing a real-time search.

If I build Splunk in a standalone way, and I configure a real-time search, I think that one of cpu core will be occupied.

But which server's cpu core is occupied by real-time search when configuring distributed search like indexer clustering?
will only cpu core of the search head be occupied? Or, because it is a distributed search, will cpu core of each search peer also be occupied?

Also, if I configured search head clustering, will cpu core of all members be occupied?

I am planning to create large scale configuration for personal use, and planning configure alerts using real time search (rolling window) in the environment, so I want to know how to use cpu core.

I appreciate if someone tell me about it.

0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In a distributed real-time search, one core for each peer is occupied, but only one core on one search head is used.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In a distributed real-time search, one core for each peer is occupied, but only one core on one search head is used.

---
0 Karma

yutaka1005
Builder

Thank you for answer.

you mean that only one core on one search head is used if search is processed in search head clustering?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, that is what I meant.

---
0 Karma

yutaka1005
Builder

Thank you for answer!

I understood it!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...