Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Phantom)

Why does Jira ticket ingestion fail due to attachment(s)?

playbook

I have been seeing containers without any artefacts with jira 'on poll'. After comparison against those successfully ingested and failed, it appears to be caused by attachment(s) on the jira tickets. If all attachments are removed from the tickets, then the ingestion would succeed.

This is seen for failures using manual poll.

playbook_1-1658902056731.png

/builds/phantom/phantom/alchemy/connectors/spawn3/spawn3.cpp : 978 : JiraConnector :Downloading from: .../screenshot-1.png
2022-07-27T02:46:06.524696 PID:28743 TID:28743 : DEBUG: SPAWN3 : /builds/phantom/phantom/alchemy/connectors/spawn3/spawn3.cpp : 978 : JiraConnector :Could not connect to url to download attachment: Error Code:Error code unavailable. Error Message:HTTPSConnectionPool(host='domain', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url:  .../screenshot-1.png (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7ff09d00b190>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -2] Name or service not known'))

The asset is running through an automation broker , polling a on-prem Jira instance

Jira; Publisher: SplunkApp; version: 3.4.0; Python version: 3; Product vendor: Atlassian

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...