Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Phantom)

What is the best practice to rotate the /var/log/phantom/app_interface.log file

Nadear

Hi everyone,

I have limited disk space on /var/log path, so I try to manage phantom log rotation ( follow this link: Configure the logging levels for Splunk SOAR (On-premises) daemons - Splunk Documentation)

but I found a large file named "app_interface.log" that was not included in phantom_logrotate.conf

Does anyone have any suggestions on what kind of records are collected in this file? and What is the best practice to rotate this file?

Thank you

Labels (2)
0 Karma

phantom_mhike
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There is a lot of context here for some app operations like widget generation but its not terribly useful beyond the scope of debugging an app issue. I would suggest adding it to the logrotate conf and setting it to roll daily. I wouldn't personally keep more than 7 days. Really if you are debugging an app, historical records are much less useful that active debugging. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...