Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Phantom)

What is the best practice to rotate the /var/log/phantom/app_interface.log file

Nadear

Hi everyone,

I have limited disk space on /var/log path, so I try to manage phantom log rotation ( follow this link: Configure the logging levels for Splunk SOAR (On-premises) daemons - Splunk Documentation)

but I found a large file named "app_interface.log" that was not included in phantom_logrotate.conf

Does anyone have any suggestions on what kind of records are collected in this file? and What is the best practice to rotate this file?

Thank you

Labels (2)
0 Karma

phantom_mhike
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There is a lot of context here for some app operations like widget generation but its not terribly useful beyond the scope of debugging an app issue. I would suggest adding it to the logrotate conf and setting it to roll daily. I wouldn't personally keep more than 7 days. Really if you are debugging an app, historical records are much less useful that active debugging. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...