Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Phantom)

Splunk Phantom - How to get authentication Credentials from existing app for custom function?

lsethl

I am trying to make a custom function for Cybereason, however as I am not so familiar with Python I was wondering if there is a way to pull the credentials from the existing app so that I do not have to type in the username and password as clear text in my custom function

Labels (2)
0 Karma

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@lsethl if you require to communicate with anything external to the SOAR platform, it should do so via an app. 

App passwords are encrypted and if you wanted to do it the way you explain you would have to "hack" the box to get the key and decrypt etc. This is done automatically by apps so you should look to build an app.

Lots of information here to build apps:
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SOARonprem/5.4.0/DevelopApps/Overview 

Happy SOARing!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...