Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Phantom)

SOAR: Is it possible to retrieve the (splunk soar) instance details inside a playbook?

goncalocoelho
Path Finder

Hi All,

is it possible to retrieve the (splunk soar) instance details inside a playbook?

For instance when sending an email, I want to be able to tell if the playbook ran in dev or prod environment.

Is there a list of all the global environment variables?

Thanks in advance

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@goncalocoelho the best way, IMO, will be to use REST and hit the `/rest/system_settings` endpoint and get something from the company_info_settings to determine if dev/prod. 

E.g. If you set the system/instance name to reflect the environment you could parse that, or just use the fqdn setting to work out where it came from. 

This will need to be coded either in a code block or custom function. 

View solution in original post

0 Karma

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@goncalocoelho the best way, IMO, will be to use REST and hit the `/rest/system_settings` endpoint and get something from the company_info_settings to determine if dev/prod. 

E.g. If you set the system/instance name to reflect the environment you could parse that, or just use the fqdn setting to work out where it came from. 

This will need to be coded either in a code block or custom function. 

0 Karma

goncalocoelho
Path Finder

Thanks for your reply @phanTom, that seems a very good approach!

I'll try that and share my findings here for everyone

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...