Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Phantom)

Questions about Phantom License: Counting User Seat (User Base)

kfunayama_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Team, Could you please help me with the questions about Counting User Seat.
Also, If there is, It is happy to tell me the documents related to these questions.

Q1. If the customer uses Phantom with External Authentication, for example, SAML or LDAP, the users, who login to Phantom via SAML or LDAP, are counted as User Seat?

Q2. If the number of users, who login to Phantom via SAML or LDAP, exceeded the number of User Seat of their User Base License,
What the phenomenon does face users?
For example, the Exceeded users can not Login to Phantom?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

mjuestel2
Explorer

We have an unlimited user license, so I cannot comment on Q2.

However, for every user who you setup on Phantom is indeed counted- even though you are using external auth.

When you create a user, you are doing it on Phantom itself. Only difference is that this user is either marked as a local account, automation account or you are using external auth such as SAML or LDAP etc.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...