Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Phantom)

Phantom Decision Filter

tbrown110

Hello,

I have a playbook that is currently in production and I don't want to randomly test it without asking the question first.  We have a condition that has to be met in order for our playbook to continue via an if / else  decision filter. This filter is based on whether or not an user is an Employee or Non-Employee.

However, we have other employee and non-employee types, example would be "Employee Executive".  With this, currently the operators are 

== Employee
OR

== Non-Employee

I'm wondering if the "in" option is more of a contains?  could I switch the operator values to just "in Employee", since the word Employee is in all string options we would want to evaluate to true on?  anything else is false and follows the else path. 

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@tbrown110  the 'is in' statement is a string match. For this case it would work as you described, if you put "Employee" is in "<datapath_value(s)>" then if there is any occurrence of the word employee in the data values (single or list) it will match as true.  The problem you may have is if the Non-Employees have the word 'Employee' in the data then it will still resolve to true and pass down the Employee route.

Please add a tick below if this answers your question. Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@tbrown110  the 'is in' statement is a string match. For this case it would work as you described, if you put "Employee" is in "<datapath_value(s)>" then if there is any occurrence of the word employee in the data values (single or list) it will match as true.  The problem you may have is if the Non-Employees have the word 'Employee' in the data then it will still resolve to true and pass down the Employee route.

Please add a tick below if this answers your question. Thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...