Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Phantom)

New registration link to activate account with Phantom Community

brycekaline
Engager

Hi. My request to join the Phantom Community was approved, however the link I was provided has since expired and I cannot complete my registration. How can I request a new link? The support channel provided support@phantom.us in the email I received appears to be discontinued. 

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
1 Solution

brycekaline
Engager

For anyone else who runs into this issue, I found the solution. Go to the Phantom login page my.phantom.us and click Forgot Password / Reset Password. You probably won't have a password setup at this point, which is why it wasn't immediately intuitive, but it will ask for your email and resend the link to complete your registration.

View solution in original post

brycekaline
Engager

For anyone else who runs into this issue, I found the solution. Go to the Phantom login page my.phantom.us and click Forgot Password / Reset Password. You probably won't have a password setup at this point, which is why it wasn't immediately intuitive, but it will ask for your email and resend the link to complete your registration.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...