Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Phantom)

Markdown in add_task API function

Izzet

Phantom 4.9 supports Markdown notes and it is possible to add markdown note using GUI. But how to use markdown with the add_task API function? Like 

phantom.add_task(container=None, name=None, owner=None, role=None, trace=False)

By default it doesn't recognize markdown and just pastes a note as a raw text. 

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@Izzet This is the `add_task` API call and this does not (AFAIK) create a note. You can use the phantom.add_note() and stipulate a task_id to assign the note to a task. I believe that markdown is now the default so any notes added will accept/interpret markdown. The docs don't seem to point to setting Markdown or HTML. All I know is any notes in HTML from 4.8 or previous need to be manually set to HTML for it to be properly interpreted. 
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Phantom/4.9/PlaybookAPI/ContainerAPI#add_note 
If this helped, please give a like below!

View solution in original post

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@Izzet This is the `add_task` API call and this does not (AFAIK) create a note. You can use the phantom.add_note() and stipulate a task_id to assign the note to a task. I believe that markdown is now the default so any notes added will accept/interpret markdown. The docs don't seem to point to setting Markdown or HTML. All I know is any notes in HTML from 4.8 or previous need to be manually set to HTML for it to be properly interpreted. 
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Phantom/4.9/PlaybookAPI/ContainerAPI#add_note 
If this helped, please give a like below!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...