Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Phantom)

Markdown in add_task API function

Izzet

Phantom 4.9 supports Markdown notes and it is possible to add markdown note using GUI. But how to use markdown with the add_task API function? Like 

phantom.add_task(container=None, name=None, owner=None, role=None, trace=False)

By default it doesn't recognize markdown and just pastes a note as a raw text. 

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@Izzet This is the `add_task` API call and this does not (AFAIK) create a note. You can use the phantom.add_note() and stipulate a task_id to assign the note to a task. I believe that markdown is now the default so any notes added will accept/interpret markdown. The docs don't seem to point to setting Markdown or HTML. All I know is any notes in HTML from 4.8 or previous need to be manually set to HTML for it to be properly interpreted. 
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Phantom/4.9/PlaybookAPI/ContainerAPI#add_note 
If this helped, please give a like below!

View solution in original post

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@Izzet This is the `add_task` API call and this does not (AFAIK) create a note. You can use the phantom.add_note() and stipulate a task_id to assign the note to a task. I believe that markdown is now the default so any notes added will accept/interpret markdown. The docs don't seem to point to setting Markdown or HTML. All I know is any notes in HTML from 4.8 or previous need to be manually set to HTML for it to be properly interpreted. 
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Phantom/4.9/PlaybookAPI/ContainerAPI#add_note 
If this helped, please give a like below!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...