Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Phantom)

Is there a way to edit note in a container via the api?

ansir
Explorer

Is there a way to edit note in a container via the api?

if not is there any plan to expose this api in the future?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@ansir 

{"content": "<updated_note_content>"}

Then POST back to the /rest/note/<id> and it will update. I just tested it using POSTMAN and it worked as expected. If you don't get the original then it will overwrite to be aware of that. 

-- If this resolved your issue please mark as a solution! Happy SOARing! --

View solution in original post

0 Karma

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@ansir 

{"content": "<updated_note_content>"}

Then POST back to the /rest/note/<id> and it will update. I just tested it using POSTMAN and it worked as expected. If you don't get the original then it will overwrite to be aware of that. 

-- If this resolved your issue please mark as a solution! Happy SOARing! --

0 Karma

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@ansir 

To edit a note in the automation you would need to use REST to get the note id and content, update the content and post back to /rest/note/<id> and that should update the note. 

This is probably best in a custom function.

Docs on note endpoint: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SOARonprem/5.4.0/PlatformAPI/RESTNotes 

Docs on using APIs for REST Calls: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SOARonprem/5.4.0/PlaybookAPI/SessionAPI 

0 Karma

ansir
Explorer

Thanks for the replay, 

can you provide an example of what the body of the post request that updates the note look like?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...