Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Phantom)

Is there a way to catch errors coming from custom function block?

GeorgeOrwell
Explorer

Currently when I want to catch errors coming from arbitrary action block I rely on phantom.get_summary() looking at action status. But I notice that Custom Function blocks cannot be found there, so my question is how do I check the status of a Custom Function block, and catch errors originating there

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There are two ways to handle any issues/errors from custom functions:

1. Move the CF code into apps so that they can be part of the summary at the end. (I have just done this for one of my customers but for efficiency rather than this issue).

2. Handle any possible issues in the function code and have an output of "status" and/or "message" and handle it in the playbook. This still won't appear in the summary but will let you know if any CFs had an issue. 

Happy SOARing!

View solution in original post

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There are two ways to handle any issues/errors from custom functions:

1. Move the CF code into apps so that they can be part of the summary at the end. (I have just done this for one of my customers but for efficiency rather than this issue).

2. Handle any possible issues in the function code and have an output of "status" and/or "message" and handle it in the playbook. This still won't appear in the summary but will let you know if any CFs had an issue. 

Happy SOARing!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...