Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Phantom)

How to have the "Run Playbook in Phantom" adaptive response to run a specific playbook?

williamchenyp
Explorer

Is it possible for the "Run Playbook in Phantom" adaptive response action in ES to automatically run a specific playbook instead of showing a popup window to manually select the playbook, Sensitivity, Severity and Label?

Specifically, I'm referring to the "Next Steps" box in the Notable adaptive response action, where I can include both text and additional adaptive response actions for the analyst to go thru.   

See screenshot below for what I have currently.  In the notable event that it generates, it turns into a link that give a popup of an empty Run Playbook box and I have to manually fill in the playbook, Severity, Sensitive and Label.  Can I tweak the text inside the [[ ]] so it will pre-populated the playbook information?

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 2.34.14 PM.png

Ultimately I'm trying to replicate what I saw during BOTS where one of the notable events that we had to investigate had this really detailed "Next Steps" box (screenshot below).  For step 6, the link will automatically call that "Compromised Account" playbook.

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 2.21.08 PM.png

Labels (3)
0 Karma

carl72086
Explorer

Hey,

Do you have a "Send to Phantom" adaptive response action? If yes, you can use that to automatically send a ES Notable to Phantom (which will then create a Phantom Container).

In addition, you must set a specific label  in the ES Alert (e.g. malware, phishing, etc...) The label will be used as a trigger mechanism for a specific playbook to run.

Once you finish adding a label in the ES Notable alert, You must also add the label on the Splunk Phantom side (Under Administration > Events Settings > Label settings > (add your preferred label name in here) PS: Don't use spaces in the label name, instead, use underscore "_" (e.g. host_ips / network_ips)

Once you have done this, open the Phantom Playbook you want to run, Edit it, and under Playbook Settings > Operates on > select the preferred label you want to run.

Set "Active" to On so that when a new containers comes into phantom that matches the label you used, the Playbook will automatically be triggered. Save the playbook and trigger some alerts to test...

Hope this helps,

Carl

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...