Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Phantom)

How to create dynamic custom functions?

Dave_Burns
Path Finder

Hoping someone can help me get past the last hurdle. 

I'm trying to create a custom function that dynamically calls other custom functions. 

I've got the part of generating the list of desired functions. 

I understand how to make sure the datapath into the dynamically selected custom function. 

I want to pass the results out to a filter object, but it seems to be coming out only as a single variable. not an array.

What am I missing? 

def rule_check(action=None, success=None, container=None, results=None, handle=None, filtered_artifacts=None, filtered_results=None, custom_function=None, **kwargs):
    phantom.debug('rule_check() called')

custom_function_results_data_1 = phantom.collect2(container=container, datapath=['build:custom_function_result.data.data_packets.*.packet'], action_results=results)
    custom_function_results_data_2 = phantom.collect2(container=container, datapath=['get_funcs:custom_function_result.data.found_functions.*.function_path'], action_results=results)
    custom_function_results_item_1_0 = [item[0] for item in custom_function_results_data_1]
    custom_function_results_item_2_0 = [item[0] for item in custom_function_results_data_2]

rule_check__data = None

################################################################################
    ## Custom Code Start
    ################################################################################

# Write your custom code here...

parameters = []

for item0 in custom_function_results_data_1:
        parameters.append({
            'data_w_fields': item0[0],
        })        

for func in custom_function_results_item_2_0:
        a = phantom.custom_function(custom_function=func, parameters=parameters, name='rule_check')

## Custom Code End

phantom.save_run_data(key='rule_check:data', value=json.dumps(rule_check__data))
    filter_1(container=container)

return

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Dave_Burns
Path Finder

I'll post a reply to myself, in case someone else wonders the same thing. 

In this particular case, you've got literally just run a for loop of all the custom functions, w/ the callback baked in. Then add in the return. This forces it to ignore the custom code end.  (Making it abit of a dead path)

Not ideal programmatically, but it works. 

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Dave_Burns
Path Finder

I'll post a reply to myself, in case someone else wonders the same thing. 

In this particular case, you've got literally just run a for loop of all the custom functions, w/ the callback baked in. Then add in the return. This forces it to ignore the custom code end.  (Making it abit of a dead path)

Not ideal programmatically, but it works. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...