Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Phantom)

Event Forwarding Not Extracting Fields with Saved Search Exports

4A616D6573
Explorer

Hi,

I've setup the Phantom App for Splunk and API is connected successfully. So far I've set up some test Saved Search Exports however the CEF extractions don't work, every time I try I get the message:

No matching results found. Configuration has been saved.

So far I have extractions setup for:

username > sourceUser > user name
src_ip > sourceAddress > ip

I can see these fields in the search in Splunk but they wont show in the preview. Any ideas?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

JDown3

In your alert/saved search, do you specify fields to output? (i.e. | fields username, src_ip)

I had to do this for my alert to trigger and for the fields to show up in event forwarding > new saved search export, after clicking 'auto-extract fields'.

0 Karma

4A616D6573
Explorer

Hi JDown3,

I had not done this. Auto-extacted fields now work which is nice to know but I still don't get any extracted results from the preview.

0 Karma

megshyle

I have the same issue. Update please if you have a solution. thank you

0 Karma

JDown3

Hi @4A616D6573,

It is the same for me, trying to fix it, let me know if you do. Thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...