Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Phantom)

DNS error when logging in to Splunk SOAR instance deployed on an AWS EC2 instance

sschimper
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi,

I have a simple AWS environment, and want to create an EC2 instance with the Splunk SOAR (On-premises) AMI from the Amazon Marketplace running on it.

I am following these instructions from the Splunk Docs.

The issue I am facing is that when I attempt to log in to the deployed SOAR instance (after giving it 20 mins to initialise), I receive an DNS error as shown on the screenshot below. I am using the public IP address from the AWS console.

Screenshot 2022-11-04 at 11.16.31.png

Has someone an idea? Thanks in advance for your help and support!

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

sschimper
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I fixed the issue. I was connecting to the web interface via HTTP and it should have been HTTPS. I guess, I automatically assumed it would be the same as with the Splunk Enterprise AMI, since it doesn't have HTTPS enabled by default.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

sschimper
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I fixed the issue. I was connecting to the web interface via HTTP and it should have been HTTPS. I guess, I automatically assumed it would be the same as with the Splunk Enterprise AMI, since it doesn't have HTTPS enabled by default.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...