Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Phantom)

Containers still there after running delete_containers.pyc?

victor_menezes
Path Finder

Hi guys,

Phantom 4.10.7, I tried to delete containers older than 6 months via delete_containers.pyc and it confirmed counts of affected containers, artifacts and run records as expected, but after confirming the deletion and waiting for a few seconds until the command was done, I can still see the containers via UI.

If I rerun the delete_containers command again with the same parameters, it says there is nothing there to be deleted.

Anyone has any idea of what is going on? I need to housekeep the environment due to the surge of disk usage and there is no better way IMO as this one. Any suggestions are highly appreciated

0 Karma
1 Solution

victor_menezes
Path Finder

Found the solution here in this thread:

https://community.splunk.com/t5/Splunk-SOAR-f-k-a-Phantom/What-is-the-proper-way-to-purge-SOAR-conta...

In a nutshell, delete_containers and delete_indicator scripts just "hide" them for visibility, but don't actually physically remove the space allocated to them in the database, so after deleting it you need to manually log into the database and run a VACCUM FULL in the affected table.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

victor_menezes
Path Finder

Found the solution here in this thread:

https://community.splunk.com/t5/Splunk-SOAR-f-k-a-Phantom/What-is-the-proper-way-to-purge-SOAR-conta...

In a nutshell, delete_containers and delete_indicator scripts just "hide" them for visibility, but don't actually physically remove the space allocated to them in the database, so after deleting it you need to manually log into the database and run a VACCUM FULL in the affected table.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...