Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Phantom)

Phantom MISP "Run Query" action

dphegarty

I am attempting to use the "Run Query" action from the Phantom MISP app.

PARAMETER REQUIRED DESCRIPTION TYPE CONTAINS
event_id optional Comma seperated list of Event IDs (allows comma-separated lists) string misp event id
controller required Search for events or attributes string

other optional Other search parameters, as a JSON object string

max_results optional Max results to return numeric
tags optional Comma seperated list of tags string

How do I pass it other search parameters in the "other" field? I've tried multiple times and cannot figure out the correct format.

I've tried -
{ "value": "1.1.1.1" }
{\"value\": \"1.1.1.1\'}
"value": "1.1.1.1"
plus many more

Below is the error I am getting:

Wed Oct 30 2019 18:30:53 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): 'run_query_1' on asset 'dentons us misp': 2 actions failed. (1)For Parameter: {"context":{"artifact_id":0,"guid":"bc1399b8-cf87-4d9e-8774-cfaf49ec16a0","parent_action_run":[]},"controller":"attributes","max_results":"1","other":"{\"value\": \"1.1.1.1\"}"} Message: "". (2)For Parameter: {"context":{"artifact_id":0,"guid":"bc1399b8-cf87-4d9e-8774-cfaf49ec16a0","parent_action_run":[]},"controller":"attributes","max_results":"1","other":"{\"value\": \"1.1.1.1\"}"} Message: "handle_action exception occurred. Error string: 'response'"
Wed Oct 30 2019 18:30:53 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): 'run_query_1' on asset 'dentons us misp' completed with status: 'failed'. Action Info: [{"app_name":"MISP","asset_name":"dentons us misp","param":{"other": "{\"value\": \"1.1.1.1\"}", "context": {"guid": "bc1399b8-cf87-4d9e-8774-cfaf49ec16a0", "artifact_id": 0, "parent_action_run": []}, "controller": "attributes", "max_results": "1"},"status":"failed","message":""},{"app_name":"MISP","asset_name":"dentons us misp","param":{"other": "{\"value\": \"1.1.1.1\"}", "context": {"guid": "bc1399b8-cf87-4d9e-8774-cfaf49ec16a0", "artifact_id": 0, "parent_action_run": []}, "controller": "attributes", "max_results": "1"},"status":"failed","message":"handle_action exception occurred. Error string: 'response'"}]
Wed Oct 30 2019 18:30:53 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): action 'run query' did not have any callback. The action is now marked completed

Playbook 'Testing Artifact Lookup' (playbook id: 281) executed (playbook run id: 358) on splunk_web_check 'Sophos Malicious Web Blocks'(container id: 1314).
Playbook execution status is 'failed'
Total actions executed: 1
Action 'run_query_1'(run query)
App 'MISP' executed the action on asset 'misp'
Parameter: {"controller":"attributes","max_results":"1","other":"{\"value\": \"1.1.1.1\"}"}
App 'MISP' executed the action on asset 'misp'
Parameter: {"controller":"attributes","max_results":"1","other":"{\"value\": \"1.1.1.1\"}"}

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ansusabu
Communicator

Use double braces in format block like {{ "value": "1.1.1.1" }} and pass this as the"other" field

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ansusabu
Communicator

Use double braces in format block like {{ "value": "1.1.1.1" }} and pass this as the"other" field

0 Karma

baya151
Explorer

Hi ansusabu,

My question is about the "other" field.

When I initiate the query, MISP returns all attributes or events independent of the value I am looking for. In the MISP audit logs, I don't see any parameters passed with the request to the Rest API.

Have you encountered such an issue or any suggestions to get it working? 

Best regards,

Yanko

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...