Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Phantom)

Configuring Apps

johnteo
Explorer

Hello, I have encountered some issues with configuring applications on Splunk Phantom.

How do I obtain API keys/URLs for the applications and ensure that they are properly set up?

Is there a guide or documentation on how to set them up properly for beginners?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

phantom_mhike
Path Finder

Keys, tokens, and URLs are almost always customer specific. Some of the apps like virustotal just require a free signup at their site to get your keys for limited use. Many other apps are for integration with paid services or platforms. For those you would need to have the specific product purchased to use it in phantom. While all of the phantom apps are free and available to everyone, the product an app connects to may be a premium service you dont have available to you. Find the set of apps that apply to you and your technology stack and you are good to go.

View solution in original post

phantom_mhike
Path Finder

Keys, tokens, and URLs are almost always customer specific. Some of the apps like virustotal just require a free signup at their site to get your keys for limited use. Many other apps are for integration with paid services or platforms. For those you would need to have the specific product purchased to use it in phantom. While all of the phantom apps are free and available to everyone, the product an app connects to may be a premium service you dont have available to you. Find the set of apps that apply to you and your technology stack and you are good to go.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...