Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Phantom)

Backing up for upgrade

alexander5654

Hi, my team is preparing to upgrade our phantom instance to the newest version, and I had a question regarding the backup before the update.

When I create the backup using the ibackup.pyc file, can i use that restore for a later version?

Just also making sure my understanding is correct, is all data deleted during the upgrade, or is the backup just done in case an update messes with things and allows you to restore to your previous, un-upgraded state?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@alexander5654 the restore will restore the entire platform state rather than just the data. Therefore it can't be used to restore to to a later version.

No data is deleted upon upgrade but a backup should be taken for any disaster type situation where a restore would be needed to a valid and recent point in time, as you alluded to in your question. 

If this helps, please mark as a solution & happy phantoming!

aocvy
Engager

What's the link to the backup documentation? 

0 Karma

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...