Splunk Mission Control

Why are hundreds of tokens generated by mission control?

mathieu_nbc
Engager

We're observing hundreds of tokens in the tokens page created by Mission Control, for the same couple of users. Most of them are never used. Multiple tokens are created in short timeframes. Is this a known issue?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

RaviKiran
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Mathieu, 
   Thank you very much for reaching out.
Part of MissionControl we do leverage Splunk platform tokens, as you rightly identified in the question. This is not a concern as long as 
- The number of tokens are not significantly growing over time , since in MC we also handle deletion of all the expired Splunk tokens.

- Token usage will go up as the automation cases are more widely adopted. 

Hope this helps answer the original question.

Thanks,
Ravi

View solution in original post

0 Karma

RaviKiran
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Mathieu, 
   Thank you very much for reaching out.
Part of MissionControl we do leverage Splunk platform tokens, as you rightly identified in the question. This is not a concern as long as 
- The number of tokens are not significantly growing over time , since in MC we also handle deletion of all the expired Splunk tokens.

- Token usage will go up as the automation cases are more widely adopted. 

Hope this helps answer the original question.

Thanks,
Ravi

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...