Splunk IT Service Intelligence

splunk ITSI what is refresh queue ? why is it failing? how to clear it? . getting this message - Refresh queue job: [''] is stuck. Please confirm and manually delete this job from the queue.

Mayurmpatil
Path Finder

I cannot see this job in splunk as well. I tired to search in jobs with the ID, no job is queued. Please help me to remove this message.

0 Karma

mguhad
Communicator

Hi,
The refresh queue is ITSI's task management system that use the KV Store & Splunk's storage layer to manage your ITSI environment & thus maintaining consistency across the board.

The refresh queue runs and maintains a lot of jobs that check if a given user intearction will have an impact on the environment, and if a user-triggered change is deemed to be impactful to the environment by the reshresh queue, the refresh queue will pick that change request up, assess its impact and THEN commit those changes to the KV Store for the user to see the changes and then delete the change job request from the queue.

To give you an idea, below are a couple of jobs that the refresh queue handles (chanes that could effect your environment as you can telll by the names):
service_dependency_changed
modify_kpi_search_type
delete_service

For example, if user commits a job to delete a service, the delete_service job is triggered and the refresh queue will do housekeeping tasks to ensure that the requested change does not ruin the environment, updates that object in the KV store (deleting it from KV store in this example), and then concluldes the job by deleting the chanage job from the refresh queue.

In other words, the refresh queue ensures data integrity and eventual consistency of your ITSI configuration.

I hope this helps,
Musa

0 Karma

rajasekharsplun
Engager

Hi Team,

I got the same issue when I add a single entity. Refresh queue jobs and manually delete this job

Thanks,
Raja

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...