Splunk IT Service Intelligence

Windows Server Critical Service Status Change- Can this be implemented as a normal alert?

santosh_sshanbh
Path Finder

I want to monitor the critical services running status on a Windows server. Need to trigger ticket if any of the critical service is stopped for x number of minutes. Can this be implemented as normal alert or needs episode to be created? Normal alert have drawback of triggering again and again in case of service is down for longer time.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

skramp
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'd do this with an episode. As you mentioned, you can do this without ITSI a a normal alert but the better way would be doing this out of ITSI. You can close the episode automatically if the service is up again or on the other hand it will can be configured to send a message only once until episode breaks. But regarding the usage of itsi, normally you are monitoring a service availability and for this availability you need running Windows-Services. Won't it be better to cover it like this than just looking for "running-services-on-a-windows-host"?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...