Splunk IT Service Intelligence

Why does the KPIs timeout (grey with N/A) too often, is there any way to keep them alive/refreshing?

simondocherty
Engager

We have multiple ITSI glasstables rotating on a browser “carousel” on display throughout our building. The machines powering these TVs are often low-spec PCs or laptops that are configured to run as kiosks.

Due to a combination of low-spec PC and occasional network blips, some of the KPIs timeout and revert to a grey “N/A” tile.

Once they timeout and turn grey N/A they never recover, so over the course of a day or so the whole glasstable "breaks" as its covered in grey N/A tiles. My workaround is to reload the glass table every hour or so.

Is there a way to make the KPI refresh on the glass table more resilient? Can I increase the timeout values or even better configure things so KPI "tiles" retry?

Currently using Chrome as the browser just in case this is related to timeouts in the browser.

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

adding the answer in the comment here for visibility

As per docs,
KPI search values update at regular intervals according to the search schedule that you define when you create the search.
So you might change the search schedule.
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ITSI/latest/User/BuildGlassTable

0 Karma

deepashri_123
Motivator

Hey @ simondocherty,

As per docs,
KPI search values update at regular intervals according to the search schedule that you define when you create the search.
So you might change the search schedule.
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ITSI/latest/User/BuildGlassTable

Let me know if this helps!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Improve Your Security Posture

Watch NowImprove Your Security PostureCustomers are at the center of everything we do at Splunk and security ...

Maximize the Value from Microsoft Defender with Splunk

Watch NowJoin Splunk and Sens Consulting for this Security Edition Tech TalkWho should attend:  Security ...

This Week's Community Digest - Splunk Community Happenings [6.27.22]

Get the latest news and updates from the Splunk Community here! News From Splunk Answers ✍️ Splunk Answers is ...