Splunk IT Service Intelligence

Why does entity import from CSV upload incorrectly?

skovachev
Explorer

Hello,

I have a list of few hundered servers in csv file like in the picture below.

298.PNG

I am trying to import servers as entities in ITSI. When I do csv import I get  below :

skovachev_1-1676982315603.png

Any Idea why is not uploading correct?

ITSI we are using is 4.11.4

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

skovachev
Explorer

@skramp  Thanks for help, truly we figured it out import file needs more than one column . They should add this into a note somewhere becuase some people like to test with simple hostname lists only.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

skovachev
Explorer

@skramp  Thanks for help, truly we figured it out import file needs more than one column . They should add this into a note somewhere becuase some people like to test with simple hostname lists only.

0 Karma

skramp
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I recreated your case. A csv might not be a valid csv for importing if there is no separator. Please try to add something to your csv so it might look like this:
DisplayName;myfield
-----------;foo
server1.corpnet.abv;server1.corpnet.abv
server2.corpnet.abv;server2.corpnet.abv

While I haven't had the second column, I also have had no results for importing.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...