Splunk IT Service Intelligence

Why does entity import from CSV upload incorrectly?

skovachev
Explorer

Hello,

I have a list of few hundered servers in csv file like in the picture below.

298.PNG

I am trying to import servers as entities in ITSI. When I do csv import I get  below :

skovachev_1-1676982315603.png

Any Idea why is not uploading correct?

ITSI we are using is 4.11.4

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

skovachev
Explorer

@skramp  Thanks for help, truly we figured it out import file needs more than one column . They should add this into a note somewhere becuase some people like to test with simple hostname lists only.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

skovachev
Explorer

@skramp  Thanks for help, truly we figured it out import file needs more than one column . They should add this into a note somewhere becuase some people like to test with simple hostname lists only.

0 Karma

skramp
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I recreated your case. A csv might not be a valid csv for importing if there is no separator. Please try to add something to your csv so it might look like this:
DisplayName;myfield
-----------;foo
server1.corpnet.abv;server1.corpnet.abv
server2.corpnet.abv;server2.corpnet.abv

While I haven't had the second column, I also have had no results for importing.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...