Splunk IT Service Intelligence

What's a safe way to clear all ITSI notable events?

paulstout
Path Finder

I am testing throttling/suppression on ITSI and would like to clear out the notables generated so far. Is this as simple as clearing them from index=itsi_tracked_alerts, or are there other cleanup tasks I should complete as well? If there's a published method I'm happy to read up on it myself, and thank you!

esnyder_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
0 Karma

dmahler99
Explorer

to completely refresh and clean notable events , you can do the following (try this in test first, not prod) :

How to wipe all events from indexes and kvstores and start over

$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk stop
$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk clean eventdata -index itsi_tracked_alerts;
$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk clean eventdata -index itsi_grouped_alerts;
$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk start

$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk clean kvstore -app SA-ITOA -collection itsi_notable_event_group
$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk clean kvstore -app SA-ITOA -collection itsi_notable_event_state
$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk clean kvstore -app SA-ITOA -collection itsi_notable_event_tag
$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk clean kvstore -app SA-ITOA -collection itsi_notable_event_comment
$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk clean kvstore -app SA-ITOA -collection itsi_notable_event_ticketing

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...