Splunk IT Service Intelligence

What is the difference between Splunk enterprise and Splunk ITSI?

DataOrg
Builder

What are some major differences between splunk enterprise and ITSI?
Please provide some usecases for ITSI.

0 Karma

nickhills
Ultra Champion

Splunk ITSI is a premium Splunk application which is tailored to Splunk IT infrastructure monitoring.

It makes extensive use of the metrics store for performance monitoring, trending and service performance, KPI reporting and event (failure) prediction.
It has pre-defined workflows, dashboards and reports which are commonly found around IT service management environments, and is flexibly adaptable for specific environments.

It includes a number of glass-table views, visualizations, and panels (which are specific to the ITSI app) to help you visually identity, track and triage service affecting faults, often before they occur.

It is built on Splunk Enterprise , and it offers no new 'features' over and above the standard Splunk product, but a huge amount of 'heavy lifting' to implement industry relevant frameworks, searches, reports, workflows and a stack of searches is what you are paying for in the premium apps.

Take a look here, if you have not already.
https://www.splunk.com/en_us/software/it-service-intelligence.html

If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...