Splunk IT Service Intelligence

What is the correct REST endpoint to list ITSI correlation searches?

bondmar30
Engager

When I try to list the correlation searches defined in ITSI the resulting value is []. This is the REST API call I'm making: | rest /servicesNS/nobody/SA-ITOA/event_management_interface/correlation_search.

When I add the /count on the end it returns "count": 40 so I know they are there.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get to the correlation searches? The kvstore_to_json.py script is able to but I can't figure out how it's doing it.

Thanks,

Mark Bond

0 Karma

atsviatkou_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

GET /servicesNS/nobody/SA-ITOA/event_management_interface/correlation_search
should give you list of correlation search objects and extra information about them in JSON format
More information in ITSI REST API docs: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ITSI/4.4.0/RESTAPI/ITSIRESTAPIreference#Event_Management_Inter...

Things can get a bit tricky when you use ITSI REST endpoints in context of Splunk searches (by using | rest ).

As of ITSI version 4.3 you can use extra instruction: report_as=text which will hand off data from ITSI to Splunk search engine without extra logic or pre-processing. Then you can extract any information you need in subsequent search instructions.

For example here is a search that will get information from ITSI and display a table of correlation search names and their corresponding SPLs:

| rest "/services/event_management_interface/correlation_search" report_as=text 
| spath input=value 
| rename {}.name AS name, {}.search AS search 
| eval x=mvzip(name,search)
| mvexpand x 
| eval x = split(x,",") 
| eval name=mvindex(x,0) 
| eval search=mvindex(x,1) 
| table name, search

you can use either:

| rest "/servicesNS/nobody/SA-ITOA/event_management_interface/correlation_search" report_as=text 

or its shorter form:

| rest "/services/event_management_interface/correlation_search" report_as=text 
0 Karma

shandr
Path Finder

Hopefully my reply below is useful for anybody who also finds themselves reading this old post.

The technique provided by @atsviatkou_splu is useful--and it has guided me how to get a complete result.

However it was only returning a subset of my Correlation Searches. I now get them all with the SPL below.

1. Correlation Search count

| rest splunk_server=local "/services/event_management_interface/correlation_search/count" report_as=text
| spath input=value
| fields count

2. Correlation Search details

| rest splunk_server=local "/services/event_management_interface/correlation_search" report_as=text
| eval as_json=spath(value,"{}")
| fields as_json
| mvexpand as_json
| eval name=spath(as_json, "name")
| eval search=spath(as_json, "search")
| table name search

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...