Splunk IT Service Intelligence

Two way dependency ITSI

ialahdal
Path Finder

Is there a way to implement a two way dependency in the tree view in ITSI?alt text

As an example, in this picture i'd like to health score of MS Exchange to effect the Email Service but also the other way around.
Is this doable?

0 Karma
1 Solution

adonio
Ultra Champion

yes ... but why? does Email Service has a KPI that is not in MS Exchange?
if so, just add this KPI to MS Exchange and you supposed to be all set

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ialahdal
Path Finder

@adonio The Email Service and MS Exchange was just an example, my use case will be an entire infrastructure tree for all the services offered in the organization.
For example alt text
"service 1" can do many things, one of those things is sending emails through the email service, so if the email service was down i'd like it to alter the health score of "service 1" since it's a dependent, if it was only that then i'd just switch their places and have "service 1" higher in the hierarchy,
But "Email Service" is also dependent on "service 1" and if it was down i'd like that to also weight on the health score if the Email Service.

From you answer I understand that just adding the KPIs that would cause this affect on both services should achieve the same thing?

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

yes ... but why? does Email Service has a KPI that is not in MS Exchange?
if so, just add this KPI to MS Exchange and you supposed to be all set

0 Karma

ialahdal
Path Finder

I was able to do this simply by adding each service as a dependent on the other one, I'm sure I can figure out their weights on each other once I have the KPIs and thresholds I need, thank you for your answer.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...