Splunk IT Service Intelligence

Splunk ITSI and ServiceNow - Auto populate fields

taskar
Path Finder

Hi, I have installed and configured the Add-on for ServiceNow. Integration with notable events are working, incidents are created in Service Now. But I would like to have the fields auto populated from the notable event. See screenshot.

Is it possible to have a two-way communication? close the Notable Event when ServiceNow ticket is closed i.e.

Any tip?
alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

taskar
Path Finder

Splunk_TA_snow/local/local/alert_actions.conf is the config file for populating the fields. But havent found any way to use use token variables such as %orig_description%, %orig_owner%, %orig_severity%, %orig_status%, and so on.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

AnilPujar
Path Finder

Could not run the action. Status: 500 (Internal Server Error) Details: Splunkd daemon is not responding: ("Error connecting to /servicesNS/nobody/-/service_now_incident/snow_incident: ('The read operation timed out',)",)

I'm getting this error, After Clicking Done on the same above screenshot

0 Karma

taskar
Path Finder

Splunk_TA_snow/local/local/alert_actions.conf is the config file for populating the fields. But havent found any way to use use token variables such as %orig_description%, %orig_owner%, %orig_severity%, %orig_status%, and so on.

0 Karma

MVREID
Path Finder

have you tried to use $result.orig_description$. That format was used for other alerting methods.

0 Karma

taskar
Path Finder

thanks for your reply. I've tried what you suggest - dont work any better. A workaround is to use Alerts instead of the ServiceNow integration in ITSI. Then tokens are working as expected. Rumors as it that a new integration with servicenow is coming Q1 2019. Fingers crossed

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...