Splunk IT Service Intelligence

Splunk IT Service Intelligence: Warning showing up after any search

zhangxq20

Hi all,

Sometimes the following warning shows up after searching no matter what search I have done.

[subsearch]: Unknown error for indexer: Indexer_03. Search Results might be incomplete! If this occurs frequently, check on the peer. 

Does anyone have any idea about it? Thanks.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Go to Settings -> Distributed search -> Search peers and see what that tells you.
Also get onto your Monitoring Console and run all of the Heath Checks and poke around on the Indexer dashboards.

0 Karma

amitm05
Builder

@zhangxq20

You are getting this error always from the same peer i.e. Indexer_03 in your case OR this is varying with your searches ?
As this might happen that the searched data is corrupted on the primary buckets of this peer.

Also, are you running dashboards OR too many queries at once ? or this is happening with singular query as well.

See this post here, it might help you -
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/506621/unknown-error-for-peer-xxx-search-results-might-be.html

0 Karma

amitm05
Builder

Can you mark as answer if your query is resolved by this OR let me know if you have further ask ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...