Splunk IT Service Intelligence

Splunk IT Service Intelligence: Service Analyzer Sparklines for entities not displaying consistently

sail4lot
Path Finder

Hi all,
I have ITSI 3.4.2 running with about 5k entities and about 200 services. When I view services down to the entity level on my KPIs, the sparklines start to render-but then just completely stop about halfway back, then eventually result in flat lines (with a value still to the right). Clicking into the entity shows the expected sparkline so I know the data is there and right.
Is this a known bug or issue? Does anyone have similar problems and a fix?
For what it's worth, the same behavior exists in multiple different browsers.

Thanks.

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hello @sail4lot, it would be great if you can share browser console errors and masked screenshots (if possible).

0 Karma

sail4lot
Path Finder

Sorry, it's on a different system. Is it possible that there are performance limits in rendering the sparklines for some reason?

What I am also learning, I think, is that the sparklines reflect values that correspond to info_min_time and info_max_time in the itsi_summary index, NOT the time that the KPI was run. So, if I have a KPI that looks at data from 45-60 minutes ago, the data point appears at a location on that sparkline that seems to match one of those two times, not the KPI run time. I imagine this contributes to the problem a little as well.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...