Splunk IT Service Intelligence

Splunk IT Service Intelligence: Is there a list of KVstore collection used by ITSI?

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I know ITSI is using KVstore to store details like ITSI team, Services, KPIs, templates, Glass Tables, etc.
Is there any list I can get which data ITSI stores in which lookup or KVstore collection?

Bonus question:
Where does ITSI stores KPI data (data-model, kvstore), or it just always search from index data?

0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can get a list of collections used by ITSI with the query

| rest /services/configs/conf-collections | search eai:acl.app="*ITSI*" OR title="*ITSI*" | fields eai:acl.app title

If you have CLI access, btool can also give you a list.

splunk btool --debug collections list | grep -i itsi

KPIs are searches so the data comes from indexes. Search results are stored in the itsi_summary index.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can get a list of collections used by ITSI with the query

| rest /services/configs/conf-collections | search eai:acl.app="*ITSI*" OR title="*ITSI*" | fields eai:acl.app title

If you have CLI access, btool can also give you a list.

splunk btool --debug collections list | grep -i itsi

KPIs are searches so the data comes from indexes. Search results are stored in the itsi_summary index.

---

SamHTexas
Builder

Good day Rich, Thank u for your expert help sir as always. How would I search for a copy of the KVstores on each Splunk server & the KPIs for the sake of backing them up? Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Thanks!!! It gave me the list, but is there any document for ITSI admin to check for troubleshooting by which I can find where ITSI is storing data about services, kpis and glass tables, etc.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There is no such document. What specific problem are you trying to troubleshoot?

---
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...