Splunk IT Service Intelligence

Splunk IT Service Intelligence: Always getting "Do you want to leave this site" when navigating Glass Tables

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi,

I have noticed that I am getting the message "Do you want to leave this site? Changes you made may not be saved." when I navigate through Glass tables for drilldowns to Saved Glass Tables and Dashboards. I thought that this message displayed only when changes were made and I didn't make any and I wasn't in edit mode.

Question - Can this be suppressed if changes were not made and, if so, how?

ITSI 2.6.1
Splunk 6.6.3

Thank you.

0 Karma

Explorer

ME TOO - did you get any further on this, or find a way of stopping the messages?

We see the same thing as well - and (as you said in the your response) it definitely does not just happen if view zooms have changed. It seems slightly random behaviour on our Glass Tables, as I have found some use-cases where it consistently DOESN'T generate the message to move from one table to another, whilst others consistently DO (even if we just click on the link without doing anything first). I'm wondering if it's something to do with custom v. default drill-downs (I've not tested that yet) which causes them to appear :- wanted to see if you or others had any further info before we invest any more time in it..

Thanks

0 Karma

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Unfortunately, nothing yet. Was told that it was something that the developers were working on and that it might be addressed by release 3.0.2. Will look for it then.

0 Karma

SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I agree, very annoying pop-up

You are most likely seeing this message when you zoom in/out or pan the glass table view

0 Karma

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, I don't know, it seems like this happens even when I simply navigate to and click on one of the Visual Objects for drill-down. Maybe it's moving the visual object ever so slightly and that could be why I get the message. Don't mean to appear to argue on this, but it is annoying.

Thanks!

0 Karma
State of Splunk Careers

Access the Splunk Careers Report to see real data that shows how Splunk mastery increases your value and job satisfaction.

Find out what your skills are worth!