Splunk IT Service Intelligence

Splunk IT Service Intelligence 2.4.1: How to add pre-built Virtualization Module KPIs?

wcooper003
Communicator

We just upgraded Splunk IT Service Intelligence from 2.2.0 to 2.4.1 and want to add in pre-built KPIs for VMWare. Our VMWare is collecting the data - the verification search is populated ( index=vmware* tag=virtualization).

However, when we create a new service or try to add KPIs to an existing service, there aren't any pre-built KPIs available to add in from the lists. Is there a trick to add in the Virtualization Module KPIs?

0 Karma
1 Solution

wcooper003
Communicator

Figured this out on my own - the DA-ITSI-VIRTUALIZATION add-on is Disabled by default. So after I enabled it the KPIs are populating.

That little tidbit is either missing from the Virtualization Module documentation, else I accidentally skipped over it the couple of times I read through.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Jarohnimo
Builder

Did you have to tag all of your servers "virtualization" and if so how did you know to tag them that? Can you provide a link for the initial setup, I've been looking but cannot find.

I suspect the reason mine isn't working is because I haven't tagged my server with the predefined ITSI tags but I cannot find any documentation anywhere that explains how to setup ITSI with it's tags for non generic search.

0 Karma

wcooper003
Communicator

No we didn't tag anything - i'm guessing the DA-ITSI-VIRTUALIZATION add-on does that for you. We just had to enable it, it was disabled by default.

0 Karma

wcooper003
Communicator

Figured this out on my own - the DA-ITSI-VIRTUALIZATION add-on is Disabled by default. So after I enabled it the KPIs are populating.

That little tidbit is either missing from the Virtualization Module documentation, else I accidentally skipped over it the couple of times I read through.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...