Splunk IT Service Intelligence

Set token from search on ITSI glass table

gpugliese
Explorer

Hi Community,

I am trying to set a token based on a search in an ITSI glass table, but I cannot find any way to do it "dynamically", even by changing the JSON code of the glass table.

My final goal is using the token value to set the color of an icon based on the value returned by the related search. According to what I found, the only option to colorize an icon with a value changing dynamically is by using a token (and this works, with a static token set via text input with an hex value corresponding to a color, e.g. "#FFFFFF"). The only reference documentation I can find is https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ITSI/4.8.0/SI/Inputs#How_inputs_connect_to_visualizations

Below, the code of the icon, with its color set to a token named "vizcolor":

{
    "type""viz.singlevalueicon",
    "options": {
        "showValue"false,
        "icon""splunk-enterprise-kvstore://6001e599aea29f5df6382024",
        "color""$vizcolor$"
    },
    "dataSources": {
        "primary""ds_XXXXXX"
    }
}

In conclusion, I would like to know if any one of you can suggest me how to set a token from a search result on a glass table (examples are appreciated).

Thanks,

G.P.

Labels (1)
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...