Splunk IT Service Intelligence

Selling a business case for itops

draganmarkov
Explorer

Good morning,

I'm curious if anyone is willing to share their experience in building a successful Business Case for Splunk for ITops? Were there any areas where decision makers really saw the value in or resonated with? What did you focus on? If you already implemented the system, did you discover new use cases other then what is mentioned: https://www.splunk.com/en_us/it-operations.html

I see there is great webinar with focus on for Security: https://www.splunk.com/en_us/form/learn-how-to-build-the-splunk-business-case-for-security/thanks.ht...

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, I've built this out for multiple companies while consulting and built it out for my current company. ITSI has a portion called "event analytics" which rolls up notable events into an episode. This makes it easier to tie dependent services together and create a single actionable alert. ITSI also helps visualize dependent services into a single service which makes it easier to see upstream processes which are negatively affecting the downstream service. There's also tons of ITSI talks from CONF you can check out to see their journey

One other cool thing that ITSI is getting into is the predictive analytics. I presented on this 2 years ago which allows us to leverage the ITSI data and make predictions of service failure before it happens. ITSI gave us a faster time to value than doing it in core splunk

View solution in original post

0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, I've built this out for multiple companies while consulting and built it out for my current company. ITSI has a portion called "event analytics" which rolls up notable events into an episode. This makes it easier to tie dependent services together and create a single actionable alert. ITSI also helps visualize dependent services into a single service which makes it easier to see upstream processes which are negatively affecting the downstream service. There's also tons of ITSI talks from CONF you can check out to see their journey

One other cool thing that ITSI is getting into is the predictive analytics. I presented on this 2 years ago which allows us to leverage the ITSI data and make predictions of service failure before it happens. ITSI gave us a faster time to value than doing it in core splunk

0 Karma

draganmarkov
Explorer

That is a good one for sure, thanks.

0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Please upvote and/or accept if this was helpful. Not sure you're gunna get anymore responses since this is a 2 day old question

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...