Splunk IT Service Intelligence

SAI integration with ITSI on Search head cluster

KSinghK
Loves-to-Learn Lots

HI all,

I am trying to deploy ITSI and was successful in doing so on a single search head. It got integrated with SAI and worked fine. But as soon as i tried the same on Search head cluster it wont integrate with SAI some how.
any ideas, suggestions are welcome.
Splunk ver- 7.3.3
ITSI ver 4.4.1

Tried integration twice or thrice now. the setting for Data Input for Splunk App for Infrastructure - Entity Migration is not available
Getting this error :Current instance is running in SHC mode and is not able to add new inputs

thanks in advance.

regards,
Kulwinder Singh

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The SAI-ITSI integration has a wizard that asks once, if you want enable the entity migration.

If the wizard did not run, or was skipped, there is no way to redo it on a SHCluster. Because the setting is ultimately a modular input to enable, but the "Inputs manager" is not accessible in the UI on a SHCluster.

The workaround is to enable the modular input in the inputs.conf directly, from the deployer.

On the deployer shcluster apps folder, find the app splunk_app_infrastructure,  create a local folder with an inputs.conf, and add this enabled modular input,

[em_entity_migration://job]
disabled = 0

Then push it on all the SHC peers from the deployer. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...