Splunk IT Service Intelligence

No Entity found against a service in ITSI

goonie
Explorer

Hi, 

I am trying to create a service using a service template, so that I can use the same KPIs( in the template) against the set of hosts that is matching my entity rules in my newly created service. 

However, when I am trying to view this service from a service analyzer, I see my service in grayed out and NO entities are being populated against the KPIs in my service. But other services ( previously created by someone else) using the same service template is working fine. 

Here are the below troubleshooting steps that I checked already -

1. Opened the KPI searches separately in a search window and have searched against my entities separately by adding '| search host= "my entitryname''  ' And it is returning values. 

2. Opened some of the matched entities in the Entities page. I checked the 'Assigned Service(s)' setting from the Edit Entity option.  I can see other ( previously created) by someone else) services are assigned with the entities. But My service is not listed there against the entities.  Though I can see the entities listed from the entity rule option when I open the services. 

Please help to solve this. 

I am very new to ITSI and trying  to learn ITSI. So please pardon, if this is a very basic question that I am struggling with. 

Labels (2)
Tags (3)

Sumantab88
Explorer

Facing the same issue, not sure if this is due to the latest ITSI 4.4.5 upgrade or anything related to episodes limits post-upgrade.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...