Splunk IT Service Intelligence

Missing required arguments - SPLUNK_URL. however I can confirm the correct URL is within the script. Can anyone help?

Fergie

I am currently using Splunk Insights for Infrastructure within an AWS environment and I am trying to collect application logs from one of my EC2 instance. Every time I try to paste the generated script I get this error: Missing required arguments - SPLUNK_URL. however I can confirm the correct URL is within the script. Can anyone help?

0 Karma

pwu_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Out of curiosity, is there a reason you're adding EC2 entities via an installation script and not the AWS tab in Splunk Insights for Infrastructure? The AWS tab sets everything up via your AWS account, and this is the recommended method of collecting data from EC2.

0 Karma

atsviatkou_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Your code snippet from Add Data page should start with export SPLUNK_URL=your-machine.com .... Can you check this is present and has value?

0 Karma

dagarwal_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Do you have all 3 required arguments (non empty) in the generated script that you run: SPLUNK_URL, HEC_PORT, HEC_TOKEN?
If yes, can you paste the generated script here (hide(*) any private info in the script) ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...