Splunk IT Service Intelligence

Missing index firedalerts (used by app DA-ITSI-CP-unix-dashboards)

corti77
Communicator

After the installation of IT Essential Works, I started to received the following alert

Received event for unconfigured/disabled/deleted index=firedalerts with source="source::fired_alerts" host="host::XXXXXXXXXX" sourcetype="sourcetype::stash". So far received events from 1 missing index(es).

I decided to created the index manually and after a day I saw a few events coming in and digging a bit I found out that they seem to come from the saved search called fired_alerts that is part of the App DA-ITSI-CP-unix-dashboards, which I don't have it enabled. (!). I only enabled the Exchange content.

corti77_1-1629451302518.png

which query is

| rest /services/search/jobs | search [search index=_audit action=alert_fired | fields sid] | collect index=firedalerts

is this normal? why the index was not created automatically by ITSI?

Labels (3)

linhmai_bne
Path Finder

- SSH to search head.

- Go to app folder location .../etc/app/<name>/default

- Open savedsearches.conf

- Copy search query using that index

- Add that search savedsearches.conf in ../etc/app/<name>/local

- Add disabled = 1

- Restart

That is how I solved it by disabling the search query.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...