Splunk IT Service Intelligence

Missing index firedalerts (used by app DA-ITSI-CP-unix-dashboards)

corti77
Communicator

After the installation of IT Essential Works, I started to received the following alert

Received event for unconfigured/disabled/deleted index=firedalerts with source="source::fired_alerts" host="host::XXXXXXXXXX" sourcetype="sourcetype::stash". So far received events from 1 missing index(es).

I decided to created the index manually and after a day I saw a few events coming in and digging a bit I found out that they seem to come from the saved search called fired_alerts that is part of the App DA-ITSI-CP-unix-dashboards, which I don't have it enabled. (!). I only enabled the Exchange content.

corti77_1-1629451302518.png

which query is

| rest /services/search/jobs | search [search index=_audit action=alert_fired | fields sid] | collect index=firedalerts

is this normal? why the index was not created automatically by ITSI?

Labels (3)

linhmai_bne
Path Finder

- SSH to search head.

- Go to app folder location .../etc/app/<name>/default

- Open savedsearches.conf

- Copy search query using that index

- Add that search savedsearches.conf in ../etc/app/<name>/local

- Add disabled = 1

- Restart

That is how I solved it by disabling the search query.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...